Perfectly located in the downtown St.Petersburg, MEZE is a Vegeterian Bistro serving Middle Eastern food. Heard of “Faux Non-vegeterian food“??
The restaurant is small, pretty on the inside, a very casual yet modern place to go with the friends/family. Inviting atmosphere with smiley faces, colorful cushions and pleasing wall decals. Customer service at Meze is something to really talk about. It was almost like they had a positivity campaign going on. Big thumbs up for that.
The other day we were there to celebrate Dad’s Birthday and tried their Acorn Squash and BBQ chicken. The chicken was crispy and delicious. Very well done however the BBQ sauce was a little too strong for my liking. I wouldn’t even know the food was Vegeterian if there wasn’t a sign that said Vegeterian Bistro😛 that is how good it was.
The Acorn looked well presented and was quite moist. The filling tasted different from anything I’ve had before but then I had to pass the plate to my husband. Not because the food wasn’t good but I just can’t have mild/baked or grilled food. He enjoyed it though. Personal preference I guess.
The food doesn’t leave you feeling heavy since its not being bathed in Cheese although your still feeling full at the end of the main course (in a good way).
Price value: We spent around 30$ for an entree and main dish with two drinks which I think is pretty reasonable compared to restaurants in the area especially (considering we spent 10 bucks for juice from a shop right around the corner. Totally not worth it)
- Meze Nade. It is a minty lemonade tasting drink. Very refreshing and reminded me of the Mint water you get in India during summers.
- Chicken Shawarma. I wouldn’t say this is very authentic Shawarma ( I should know living in Middle East for a while) but such a healthy version of Shawarma. Scrumptious.
What I loved about the place?
- Great Customer service like I already mentioned
- Walkability, Museums, Art places, Shops, tennis courts and so much more in the same area.
- Tasty and healthy
- Great variety of Vegeterian Food considering every other place we’ve gone to specialises in meat and very few places that serve Vegeterian food suck.
- You may or may not find parking closeby as the restaurant is on a busy street.
- Though it is a great place to hangout I’m not sure if they can really fit large groups.
The place definitely has us wanting to go back more often. If your around Saint Petersburg or Tampa do give this place a try🙂 and if you have already I’d really like to know what you think about the place.